DOCUMENTS GIS Mapping of the forest, collection & analysis of data. Funding of Participatory Management Plan.
REHABILITATES Supports the local Community Forest Association in conservation of the forest, its flora and fauna. Rehabilitation of denuded areas through tree planting projects and support of local community nurseries.
CONNECTS Encourages and supports connectivity of all 8 parts of the forest in order for the forest to thrive. Encourage local community awareness & participation in forest management.
- What Has FoOF Achievedso far? -
1. Provided funding for the commencement of the Independent Oloolua Forest Participatory Management Plan, Stages 1 & 2 have been completed.
2. Funded the Oloolua Forest Fencing Proposal by an independent consultant.
3. GIS MAPPING Identified forest cover, user routes, walking and biking trails, water points.
4. CAPACITY BUILDING WORKSHOPS FoOF has organised capacity building workshops for the CFA. This has led to the commencement of the Oloolua Forest independent Participatory Management Plan.
5. UNIFORMS Successfully raised funds for 12 Community Scout uniforms. These Scouts will soon undergo training with KFS organised by our local CFA. A HUGE thanks to all those who generously donated funds for the uniforms.
- What FoOF intends to raise funds for? -
In order to protect the Forest for future generations, there is need for a strong and detailed Management Plan. With the support of the CFA and KFS, FoOF is currently raising funds for the development and implementation of this Management Plan.
This is currently taking place and we need more funds. We are supporting the CFA to implement active Community Forest Scouts as guides for visitors and to assure general security in the Forest. Working with the CFA we are pushing for fencing of the entire forest as one block, to bring back connectivity.